Designing a Custom Closet
Making a Closet to Fulfill Your Dreams
The Proper Closet Redesign is the highest quality closet service we offer and it enables you to design and build your dream closet. What really makes this offering special is not the fact that MLE will bring your dream closet to life, but that you will get to do a professional wardrobe review and receive a personalized color palette from clothing and color expert Amy Buzik. Your relationship with your wardrobe will never be the same!
Here’s our process:
- Onsite Meet and Greet – During this initial consultation, we take a walk through the current space and discuss your goals and dreams. This is the first day of your exciting dream closet adventure!
- Private Session with Amy Buzik – No one can do more to help you achieve the closet of your dreams than Amy Buzik. Amy is the best. She will get to know you and your style, and will guide you through choosing your best colors. She will create a beautiful personalized color palette for you to have, which makes shopping a breeze!
- Wardrobe Review with MLE and Amy Buzik – Equipped with your color palette, MLE and Amy will help you review your wardrobe. Amy will provide you with expert advice on what works best for you. We will support you throughout the review process and help you figure out where to edit and why. The length of this process will be determined by the size of your wardrobe.
- Wardrobe Inventory with MLE – With everything reviewed and decisions made, MLE will take a full inventory of what is going into the new closet. MLE will work with you to also assess any near-future additions to your wardrobe that you may be making, now that you are armed with your personalized color palette and expert advice!
- Design Phase – Now that we know exactly what is going in the closet, we can design your dream closet to match! We will review a mockup of the preliminary design with you in the first design session and identify any necessary revisions. After the design is finalized, we will send you a scale rendering so you can fall in love before anything is ordered!
- Installation Phase – This is when your new closet is brought to life. The amount of time required to build the new closet will vary based on what needs to be done. Some projects require time for removal of the existing structures, custom paint, or bringing in an electrician to install great lighting. MLE handles all of this coordination, so you get to hang back and enjoy the ride!
- Settling In Phase – The closet has been designed just for you and we want you to enjoy it from the very first moment. After the closet has been installed, we will carefully fold and hang your clothes for the big reveal!
- Fine Tuning – Now that your closet is in place, and your wardrobe has been added, you get to experience it firsthand. This is the true test. After you’ve lived with the closet for a few days, we meet with you to “fine tune” the closet to meet your needs. Here’s when we make sure everything in the closet is organized and functioning as intended. If desired, we can include staff training to ensure that everyone understands the plan. Whatever you need, we will follow through for you!